5 Tips to Know Before Your Hair & Makeup Trial
For this week's blog we asked the very talented Destiny Viviana what her top tips are for a hair and makeup trial and this is what she had to say!
All eyes will be on you on your special day! So to ensure that you feel your very best and that you are able to achieve your dream look it is highly recommended that you schedule a bridal trial.
Whether you’re into more natural-soft makeup or full glam, it's always a great idea to do a test run before the day of.
The most essential thing you can do to make sure you have the perfect look is by scheduling both a makeup and hair trial before your wedding date. It is recommended to schedule your bridal trial between 3 to 6 months of your date to make sure you have time to consider making any changes to the look if needed.
Another recommendation is considering scheduling your trial on a day that you have a special occasion where you will need your hair and makeup done; such as your bridal shower or even an engagement photoshoot so that you get the most out of it and see how it wears throughout the day.
Tips to ensure that you are properly prepared for your bridal trial and get the most out of your appointment
1. Schedule your makeup & hair trial on the same day to ensure that it comes together and both makeup and hair are what you envisioned on your wedding day.
2. Arrive with a clean face and hair. It is best to have exfoliated on the day of your trial before your makeup application so that the makeup artist has a blank canvas to work on. It is also recommended to come with clean hair or hair that has been previously washed 1-2 days prior to your bridal trial.
3. Bring inspiration pictures for hair and makeup. Create an inspiration board of beauty pictures that you gravitate towards and would like to achieve. Certain wedding styles include elegant styles, classic styles, laid back boho vibes, etc.. Explain to your makeup artist and hair stylist what you really like about the pictures you chose.
For example for hair “I love the braid in this hairstyle, and the part is exactly where I would like it, I also prefer a messy boho style” and for makeup “This makeup look is what inspired me as I love a soft glam style, not too natural or glam just something more in-between. The winged eyeliner with the subtle shimmer eyeshadow looks beautiful and light contour for my face makeup to enhance my natural features”.
4. Bring any hair accessories or hair extensions with you on the date of the trial that you plan to use on your wedding day in order for your stylist to know exactly what they will be working with on the day of.
5. Lastly, take notes once the trial is completed and if you would like any adjustments made communicate them with your bridal makeup artist & hair stylist.
"My love of art and makeup began at a very early age, ultimately blossoming into a career. It was my love for drawing and painting which enabled me to bring my artwork to life. With over 7 years of experience, having worked both as a freelance artist and for one of the world’s leading professional makeup authorities, MAC Cosmetics, my passion for makeup is a privilege I aspire to share with all my clients. My goal is to create exquisite makeup looks on faces everywhere and help all of my clients feel confident and look their very best. I have dedicated my entire career to bringing out the inner beauty in all of my clients. Makeup is more than just colors to me — it’s a chance for people to step out of their everyday and into something wonderful. Centered in the Tampa Bay Area, I offer professional and unparalleled service and inspiration to all my clients. I have a modern approach to beauty, and listen to each client to make sure they get the exact look of their dreams.Get ready to look and feel stunning."
Are you ready to start planning your dream wedding? Click HERE to schedule your consultation now!